Current Articles
Browse Archives
Contact Us
AUF Home
ISA Seal
Get Acrobat Reader

Arboriculture & Urban Forestry Online
Volume 1, Issue 2 — February 1975

Arboricultural Communication    (View PDF)

John W. Andresen and Erik jorgensen

Abstract: To determine arboricultural information needs and resources within the shade tree industry, 2100 questionnaires were mailed to the membership of the International Shade Tree Conference in June 1973. Of the 328 total respondents 32% identified themselves as commercial arborists. An additional 17% associated themselves with other arboricultural affiliations to raise the total to 55%. The remaining 45% assorted themselves within a dozen other urban vegetation management disciplines. Of 12 possible choices, information about tree maintenance, and insect and disease controls was listed as a primary concern by the respondents. As reported, the largest number of contacts for information (18 choices) was made with county extension agents, product dealers or suppliers, and the ISTC. An analysis of and recommendations for more effective information exchange is provided.


Current Articles | Browse Archives | Search | AUF Home | ISA Home | Get Acrobat